An American in Britain

For a while I've been interested in the idea of creating a blog, to have a platform for my thoughts and expressions about various things in my life and that of my surroundings. Though there have been many catalysts in the past that brought me close to finally creating one, I resisted, my lazy side begging me to stop. I guess, out of all places, the Pomona Study Abroad office finally hit the nail. 

Pomona suggested I (and every other study abroad student) to make a blog and write my experiences. An American in Britain, I guess. 

Introductory context:
  • Economics student, originally from Pomona College in Claremont, CA. 
  • Currently studying abroad in Jesus College, University of Cambridge
  • How long? 2 terms (5 months + 1 month break)
  • Right now: Week 3
I'm not sure what I would ultimately use this platform for. What about Cambridge should I write? What other things can I write, what will I write? Going back to my first paragraph, why was I interested in creating a blog? Over the course of the life of this blog I hope to uncover the answers to these questions, find new questions, and again dig deeper to uncover those answers. An odyssey of discovery that will never end, I figure. But a hopeful one. 

Comments

Popular Posts